The King by Tiffany Reisz

No Nora? I feared going into this one, but I always do and I have no idea why.

I loved King.



I mean, who wouldn't? This sexy Frenchman is a fabulous narrator and the story of his time once Soren came back to him once his Eleanor was in trouble and the Eighth Circle started up was told without a hitch. Whether you realized it or not from the previous books though, a whole lot goes on in Kingsley's world that we have simply pranced around in where he fought to built along side a new fantastic character with a whip smart personality we have only heard about before, Sam.

"Have you ever had sex in the back of a Rolls Royce?"

When I thought there was no more to know of King, I was wrong. SO wrong. There is such a person and emotion behind him and everything he does. King is sex appeal, charm, wild, free like Eleanor...but he was also a little broken. Maybe a little more than a little at some points before he starts up his goal of a dream club (you know that one) where we get to see the Soren & Kingsley friendship like we have never before. Like all the characters somehow there is a point of which the reader can perfectly relate and want to keep reading about until there is nothing left of the book.

Which I did, seriously, within the rage of a day I finished this book after I kept telling myself to pace myself.

There is no way to pace yourself while reading Tiffany Reisz, let me tell you.

“You’re going to regret you ever met that girl. She’s a tiger in a kitten’s body.” Søren smiled enigmatically.
“I always liked cats.”

This book made me laugh, cry (especially near a twist that will have you second guessing yourself), and no matter the subject or character of the Original Sinners books, I fall in love with it. I have a new view of all the characters and can't wait to see my way through the next two books of the White Years left.

Verdict:

So you have read the Red Years starting with The Siren in the Original Sinners sereies? You have then read the Saint? Read the King. Let's face it, it's Kingsley, and these books can do no harm.


Comments

Popular Posts