NaNoWriMo2016 - Second Day to Go My Way


Day One NaNoWriMo, let me tell you, did not end after I hit post on yesterday. Nope! Because I wrote more words. You bet I am a NaNo overachiever. At least for now until it is halfway through and I am far far behind after spending time sobbing into an empty coffee mug.

But will save that story for when it happens.

Today I shall tell you about my day like a good friend over a late night snack for it will be that time when I share this with the world. So, from yesterday I ended the day with almost 6k words which now looking back I was like "eh" but now I am quite proud of. As anyone out there writing should be whether it be that amount or a hundred words. I keep saying how just getting anything down, that is what matters, not the word count. Remind me that when I start complaining as well since some days, I will admit, I need to practice what I preach and cheer on throughout twitter #NaNoWriMo.

Already ahead, I started today with classes that lasted throughout the day and job applications that always take far too long, especially when I have A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness staring at me all day as well. It has been a day of so many things to do of both good and awful and there cannot simply be enough time.

And yet, through the magic of WriMo, Here we are again for me to tell you that I did sit down and write. Hitting 10k.

10k, everyone! And I am so afraid that this is a fluke and I am going to burn myself out!!

Mind you, that three thousand some words is going to need to be heavily revised. So much though that writing about it makes my eyes widen in the fear of what I should probably go back to now while I am ahead of the game and work on.

Or you know, I can give the book that has been sitting next to me all day the attention it deserves. Hm, yes.

That certainly sounds lovely.

Because even day two needs some full on relaxing time. So write, take some for yourself, and eat a cookie. You know, because you deserve it.


Comments

Popular Posts