First Book of the Year

I am a sap when it comes to the love of reading, I can be honest about that as something as magical as books should always be fawned over. One of the moments I now take note of; the first book of the year.



For the past two years since u have begun to notice this after all, they have turned out to be memorable. Books now that land themselves on the favorite lists. These books include:

In 2015... The Siren by Tiffany Reisz 
A book and the rest of the series that continued my love of reading. These novels also changed my life as a person with new found confidence in who I was, and as a writer.


In 2016... Hopeless by Colleen Hoover.
I remember this day reading specifically. The announcement as told by Colleen herself that her book was free on ebook for that day, causing me to stay in bed in my pajamas reading all day in the same position I once binge watched Downton Abbey. This book was fun. Books deserve to be fun even when carrying heartbreak or tragedy. These books I devour one after the other by Colleen Hoover confirmed my belief that though novels should be profound, they should also be peace and give happiness of a good story to those who lay in bed to read all day as I do.


Each of these books as well, even if I can't put my finger on how, also seemed to shape my year. With confidence. With perseverance and a new found deeper love for the craft of novels if that is even possible. 

The first book of the year perhaps can breathe life into mine if I start positive.

I can only hope I pick up a great on this year. 2017... bring me fantastic stories to read, experiences with them, and let me complete the one I am writing.


Comments

Popular Posts