April Reading Wrap Up


Happy and Sunday and happy ACOWAR coming out in 2 days!! I can't wait. But you already know that if you had a chance to look over a post back about my raving about the second of the trilogy, A Court of Mist and Fury. Definitely check it out if you want to gush and rave about the book (and Rhysand and all the beautiful Night Court men) with me.

Today though after I got yelled at for attempting to take dry cereal out of my university's dining hall before getting yelled at (fun embarrassing fact I really still don't understand), is the day to write a wrap up about my reads of April. Though I didn't read a whole lot I don't feel, these books deserved to be in the rankings of year best reads so far.

So, onward!

The Night Mark by Tiffany Reisz 

***** stars


I await Tiffany Reisz books whenever I see a new one coming out ever since I fell in love with the Original Sinners series. So an auto-buy author for sure, and yet she never dissapoints and continues not to with this time travel romance. The characters were interesting, the banter ever flowing, and the end like the entire novel absolutely magical.




Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
**** stars


Strange the dreamer also has some magic in it and made it so fascinating. I always find though with Laini's books I can never fully describe them because like this book is entitled...They are strange. But good thing, because I like them that way as we follow reader and dreamer Lazlo on his adventure of a lifetime to the mysterious lost city of Weep where a few other fun and surprising characters meet us.

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
**** stars

The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
**** stars


These books did me in. I finally after so long picked up Wrath and the Dawn after a last minute recommendation. I have heard great things previously but now...well the new covers that are absolutely beautiful sold me to take the leap. Magic, romance, and intrigue. Once you read the first, you'll need the second to hold onto these characters and this woven story I wish could have continued and been fleshed out even further in such a rich world created.



And of course since otherwise I have been only reading this next gorgeous book over and over in preparation for this upcoming week...

A Court of Mist and Fury ***** -and all the stars for Rhysand.



Any fantastic reads your way this past month or so? Send them by me! Especially if they have a rom-com feeling to them. I have been watching too many along with Pride and Prejudice and The Devil Wears Prada-- because they are also fantastic.


Comments

Popular Posts