May We Read: Reading Wrap Up

For this May wrap up, let me just say that I hope to read more books than I actually did. Isn't that always the case though. I believe it is especially now since suddenly, all the books that so many of us have been waiting for are here! Book birthdays abound for authors debut and series. Which means another thing...

I bought more books than I read this month.

Maybe I should have instead labeled this post, May: what books did I buy? It would include quite a few ranging from romance to fantasy (as I think it may always, and should). But no, I promised myself I would still tell you all what I read each month and what I hoped to read and what I loved to read etc etc. So here I am. Ready for the sad few new books I read this month?



My very first read should not surprise anyone, and that is A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas. It should also not surprise anyone that I loved it very very much.

The characters within these three books of the A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy have become a sort of family to me. And if I want to be part of a friend family within a novel, it usually really means true love, since let's face it, most of said "families" have a lot of issues still. In these books it was a war, fighting, and mental health trauma that was dealt with so wonderfully. With it as well, all lows were measured with also great amounts of handsome badass Illarian men.

As it should be.

I am only slightly sad that these books have come to a close, but luckily it means other stories for other characters like Lucien and the rest of the gang. That also most likely means reoccurring characters from these books anyway, right?

Rhysand? Is that you?

The second book that I read was on my kindle after seeing fellow bookstagram-er saying how much she loved the characters. And since I am a character driven reader, Addicted to You by Krista Ritchie was next.

And she was right on Instagram. I did love the characters in all their questionable moralities and addictions that were written, from that of alcohol to sex. I could not stop reading this one once I started to find out what happened and if we were all, me included, going to be okay in the end as characters broke and tried to piece themselves back together. Just be weary, this is a series filled with novellas in between and all...that I really must get to.

Any book that keeps me up till 3 a.m. is always a keeper though!



My next book, I also read on my kindle and I am so happy that I got to. This book? The Red by Tiffany Reisz. And if you didn't already know, I will read absolutely anything by her. Her books get me in their sexy erotic messed up storytelling- I don't know, they just work.

The Red included an art gallery where a deal takes place, a little paranormal screwy-ness, and a fantasy sex scene for any art history fan.

So for me. It was for me. It will also be for you when it comes out in July! Be on the lookout for this one folks after reading my review The Red. Until then, pick up Tiffany Reisz's other novels which I can gladly declare my love for as well.



The final book I read, I finished just the other day which is good, because if I didn't, this short list of what I read may look even less impressive. My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante was a book I have wanted to get to for some time. Since last summer, to be exact. Luckily, despite the cover that my roommate declared was ugly, she then bought it for me for Christmas.

I have heard such raves on how great this book was, but it took me a few chapters to fully amerce myself into it which made me worry. Now that I have finished however, I look back and absolutely adore this story. The relationships were real and raw rather than pieced so perfectly together. To be honest, the relationship between main characters and friends of a sort, Elena and Lila reminded me strangely at times of my own childhood friendship which hurt in the best kind of way.

I will definitely be picking up the next book, and I have decided that the somewhat eh covers- they give good character.

Overall, I have read about four new to me books this May month and probably reread a few since I have been home including The Queen by Tiffany Reisz, The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, and Trial by Fire by Josaphine Angelini.

I really feel like I haven't read much at all even though it does appear that I have. I suppose that is what happens when I am trying to figure out if I should wait to write until I am full force passionately into the story I have been working on for years, or just read someone else's for a little while to fall back in love with my first ever love. Reading.

Per usual, I have no idea what I plan to read now coming in June besides the books that I have on my shelves and those coming from Book Expo I am heading to for the first time ever. June as far as I can see it now looks like a heavy month for reading. Watch out for that and all the book talks on here!

Happy reading to you all as well! Any fantastic reads your way recently?


Comments

Popular Posts