The Night Mark by Tiffany Reisz

While in my last few weeks of my first year of college, I needed a book. A book, and not just any book. I needed a book that would pull just far enough back from the precipice of mind numbing school work and winter time sadness until I made it to my last exam. So ordering on this lovely novel offline in the middle of the night when I realized the local B&N did not have it in stock (how dare they),

The Night Mark, you came and saw and time traveled into my life at the most perfect moment.


“Once someone loves you that much, loves you more than you deserve, you can’t go back to being loved the normal way.”

Plus, this book was written by Tiffany Reisz, so really, it could have come at any moment and I still would have loved it. But we are talking about the here and now, so don't get too confused like our poor main character, Faye in this time travel romance, after being transported back to 1921 to see her now in present day dead husband back alive and everything not quite as it should be.

Here with me and The Night Mark, everything was exactly as it should have been.

The only thing wrong was that it ended and I had to go back to trudging through last minute essays after 400 some pages of a story that I easily got lost in from the first moment I read to the excerpt of the story on Tiffany's website to when the words Faye's husband always said to her came together within the beautiful conclusion of heartbreak and trial of who we are meant to be, and where.

"I will love you and take care of you for the rest of your life."
I have always been a fan of time travel when it is done right, and Tiffany Resiz can surely add it to her repertoire of things she is also amazing at. It would be right next to her writing being absolutely intoxicating while also being able to add in historical accuracy, sexy scenes, and decadent intrigue intertwined with even more wonderful characters. It is quite a list. But seriously, her characters still cease to amaze me. Each manage become apart of me in some way with each read. 

Faye and Carrick's story was no different as they came together for a second chance romance as time quite literally beckoning Faye into the waves of fate where it sweeps her away.

The good thing is, it usually ended up sweeping her into the honest, as well as hunky, navel officer Carrick's arms.

And who wouldn't want that?



Just don't be throwing yourselves into the ocean now no matter how much you want to live the fantasy of being a lighthouse bride.

In this is a moment I will just tell you to read the book instead and dive into this story that will hook you with heartfelt writing and suspense just like any good legend that suddenly becomes real life- With a little steam thrown in. This is still Tiffany after all! And I love her for it in whatever form from Original Sinners and The Red erotica, to everything mixed between with some romance and historical markers like in The Bourbon Thief and this new beaut.

“When people lost hope, they looked in the last place they remembered having it, and it was always in the past.” 

...I think I fit in enough ocean being swept away by mystical waves puns, right?


Comments

Popular Posts